Have you ever considered blogging on behalf of your business? If you haven’t, now is the time to start! Blogging can be a great way of building a brand identity or creating a platform for your voice to be heard. Creating a blog for your company can differentiate your business from competitors and bring positive long-term results. A successful blog can facilitate valuable discussion surrounding your brand, as well.
Many businesses have started blogging for a variety of reasons, including:
- To establish authority in an industry
- To get people interested in the goods or services offered
- To draw online traffic
- To convert and engage customers
- To support social media objectives
You may be asking yourself, how can I make my blog successful for my company? Here are a few tips!
- Post consistently. It will not be enough to draw in long-term customer engagement if you just post once every few months or once a year.
- Provide relevant information. Remember who your customers are and who will be reading your blog. What information will interest them or be useful to them?
- End your post with a call to action. Ask users to provide feedback, comment, engage with you in some way.
- Mix up the format of your blog. You want to keep readers on their toes and keep them coming back for more.
- Promote and share your blog. A good way to tell customers about a new blog is by posting on your social media! This way, if they aren’t subscribed or don’t regularly check your blog, they can find out about your latest post.
- Make your blog easy to read. Create a clear, concise and self-explanatory opening to attract and keep readers. Use short paragraphs, headings, and subheadings, lists, bold, italics, etc.
Remember to be intentional about planning your blogging strategy. Who is your audience or targeted reader? Write for them.
Have questions about starting a blog? Want to establish leadership in your industry? Give our POTENZA marketing experts a call today!