Form Connections with your Audience Through Podcasting
Originally known as “audioblogs,” podcasts are taking the marketing world by storm. If you have updated your iPhone within the last year, you might have noticed the Podcasts application downloaded to your homepage. But you might be asking yourself, what exactly is a podcast? A podcast is a series of digital audio or video files that a user can download and listen to. They usually tend to be episodic and often available for subscription so new episodes are automatically downloaded for the user. Podcasts are created on a variety of different topics, from religion to crime theory to news.
Podcasting is on the fast track to becoming the newest way to connect with your audience in a meaningful way. Increasingly, businesses are creating podcasts of their own for a few different reasons:
- Podcasts allow businesses to reach a nearly captive audience. Consumers tend to listen to most of the podcast episodes they download and are generally more educated and affluent. They are looking for a podcast that will evoke thought.
- Podcasts can increase reach and grow a brand’s audience. Podcast consumers are always looking for a new series to listen to and if they are even the slightest bit familiar with your brand, chances are they will listen to your podcast. Also, give those who may not be familiar with your company a reason to listen. Draw them in.
- Podcasts make brands more human and approachable to their audience. Consumers of a particular brand sometimes find companies intimidating because they only see their logo without a real person behind it. A podcast gives your company a voice that can influence consumers. This will also allow people to associate your brand with a certain tone and ideas.
- Podcasts establish leadership of thought and allow a business to stand out from their competitors. You are putting your ideas out for anyone and everyone to listen. By doing this, you are associating your brand with certain ideas and contributions, both to society and the corporate world. This allows for a little competition between your company and others in your industry.
TIP: interview experts in your particular industry! This can help your business stand out from your competitors in a fun way.
Podcasts are inexpensive and quick to produce. New to the idea of podcasting? No problem! Contact our POTENZA team today for help and more information!
Director of Software Development
Potenza Innovations, based in Lafayette, LA, is pleased to announce we are hiring for the position of Director of Software Development.
Job Description: Envisions product development and manages projects through completion; analyzes and designs software enhancements and new modules; manages development project from initial design through testing while providing strategic management direction. Manages developers and the completion of projects, resources, capacity, and deadlines. Interacts with customers at a strategic level primarily focused upon new products and features rather than order fulfillment or bugs.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience and/or capabilities:
• Experience with Jira or similar project management software.
• Experience working with software development teams.
• Experience planning and scoping software features, including the use of wireframing software (Pidoco, MyBalsamiq, Gliffy or similar)
• Experience with capacity management, pipelines, dependency management and software roadmapping.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must.
• Ability to manage multiple deadlines with constant communication to various stakeholders is a must.
About Potenza Innovations:
We are the software development division of Potenza Inc., an advertising and branding agency founded in 2007. Potenza Innovations develops and supports the marketing automation and intelligence platform Return Flight, which services hundreds of small to medium sized businesses across the country. With special emphasis upon the automotive dealer industry, Potenza Innovations provides the technical backing behind DriveAuto, a joint venture with Sinclair Broadcast Group. We are growing rapidly and are looking for high quality people to join our team to help lead our company to the next level in 2018. Potenza has made the INC 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America four years in a row, and was recently honored by the Independent as one of the Top 50 companies in Acadiana.
Please send resumes to [email protected]
We’re all about internships at POTENZA!
Interning with our POTENZA Marketing team is a great opportunity to learn more about the advertising and marketing industry with hands-on experience! We’re all about giving our interns important tasks that deal with real-life clients.
From copywriting to planning exciting events to making social media campaigns, interns will gain tons of knowledge from the POTENZA pros that will be useful in the future. Students currently enrolled in school will be offered to gain course credit during their time at POTENZA. Interns will be eligible for both part-time and full-time internships depending on their course load. We only ask that each intern spends a minimum of 15 hours in the office with us!
POTENZA offers Marketing internships in the Fall, Spring, and Summer. Interns will be given multiple tasks that will require independence, initiative, organizational skills, and professional communication skills. Marketing interns also need to be social media savvy with a strong background in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
If you’re interested in applying, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]keting.com! We will contact you to set up a formal interview and give you a tour of our office!